Moisture can be one of the worst ailments that can attack a house. Not only is it bad for your health, but it also makes your house and all that is in it have a horrible smell. If you are wondering how to get rid of that musty smell in your house, first you have to do some research. When does this smell appear? Is it all year long, or only when there is wet weather? Do I air my house enough? Is the smell in all the house or only a specific room? To gather as much information as possible and ultimately solve the problem, follow these easy tips.
How do I get rid of the musty smell?
- #1 Where does it come from? If you want to eliminate the smell for good, you will have to find the place from which the smell is coming. Take a look around your house and inspect whether the smell comes from only one room, or if it has spread. Check if a wet cloth or some food are causing the problem.
- #2 Ventilate your house: Open your windows and pull back your curtains to let some fresh air into your house. This easy step can make a world of difference to your house, and can definitely help you put an end to that musty smell. If you want to go a step further, you can also open all your cupboards, closets and internal doors to ensure that the air reaches everything.
- #3 Improve the airflow: Dark, wet rooms are usually the main source of this type of smell. One of the main ways in which the situation of these rooms can be improved is using a fan to make the air get out of the room with the moist. This is particularly useful for attics or basements.
- #4 Clean around! : Grab your broom and your duster and start getting rid of the dirt. Look for places you may have overlooked before, like behind your furniture, or on top of it. Then, mop your floors and vacuum your carpets. A clean house nor only helps to get rid of musty smells but also prevents new ones from appearing.
- #5 Use BreatheGreen: Using air fresheners is crucial to eliminate the musty odor for good. Else, they always come back. Using BreatheGreen not only will get rid of the smell, but it will also absorb the moisture. What is more, this product also helps to remove allergens, which can greatly benefit your health. You can simply place the bag near to the moist area, and just let it do its work. As it is reusable, this bag is very cheap. Once it has absorbed as much moisture as possible, you can just let it dry up in the sun and then use it again. The best part is that you can repeat this process for 2 years. BreatheGreen is also recyclable. After the 2-year period has gone by, you can use its content to fertilize your garden. BreatheGreen is the ultimate environment-friendly solution to get eliminate musty smells.
Musty smells are one the worst, and unfortunately common, problems that arise at home. Not only are they disgusting, but they are also dangerous for your health. What is worse is that they are not always easy to eliminate. Fortunately, you do not need to pay exorbitant rates to hire a professional to do it for you. Using affordable products like BreatheGreen is just as efficient and way cheaper than paying somebody to do it for you. Just following these simple steps and with some perseverance, you can have your home smelling like new without much effort.